Scheduled for completion in late 2023, the project is committed to the highest standards and will be using state of the art construction methods for the installation of some of the world’s biggest wind turbines.
As a renewable energy business, Parkwind is committed to protecting the environment and promoting responsible environmental practices and continual improvement thereof.
In the context of the permitting process, Parkwind Ost GmbH has conducted an Environmental Impact Study (EIS). Moreover, in line with the Equator Principles, a risk management framework for determining, assessing and managing environmental and social risks in projects, the project also conducted a Human Rights Impact Assessment (HRIA) and a Climate Change Risk Assessment (CCRA). The assessments can be downloaded by clicking on the respective links here: EIS, HRIA (Summary), & CCRA (Summary).
The projects actions for safeguarding the rights of workers and members of the community include the establishment of a grievance mechanism.
Arcadis Ost 1 Grievance Mechanism
The Grievance Mechanism shall allow people (individuals or groups) to raise complaints, request information and/or to seek the dialogue with the AO1 project organisation. Further it shall enable us to receive, investigate and remedy all grievances received by people affected by the project.
Grievances can be addressed by the following groups:
- Workers engaged in the Project (e.g. employees of Parkwind Ost and its subsidiary companies, employees of subcontractors and suppliers and every other person working on the project);
- Members of the Public (e.g. community groups, individuals, local authorities, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and other stakeholders.)
The Grievance Mechanism contributes to impact management and the continuous improvement of the project’s environmental and social performance, thereby safeguarding the rights of workers, individuals, members of the public and other stakeholders.
- Parkwind Ost is committed to a transparent process for workers and individuals/groups of people affected by the project to express concerns and file grievances, including anonymous complaints.
- Parkwind Ost will ensure that there will be no retaliation or discrimination against those who express grievances, and that grievances will be treated with confidentiality.
- Parkwind Ost management will treat grievances seriously and take prompt and appropriate action.
- Parkwind Ost’s grievance mechanism does not replace other channels as defined by law or collective agreements.
Two Grievance Mechanisms
Please find the process description for the Workers Grievance Mechanism here and for the Community Grievance Mechanism here. The two processes are similar but have some notable differences.
In the case Community Grievance you can fill out the form below or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you want to raise a Workers Grievance, we recommend the following:
1. Informal discussion
- Managers and workers are encouraged to use informal methods of resolving disagreements or disputes. If workers have a reasonable grievance or complaint regarding the workplace or the way they have been treated at work they should, where possible, start by discussing it with their manager. It may be possible to agree a solution informally between worker and manager.
- Every effort will be made by both management and workers to resolve complaints, grievances and disputes at the earliest possible opportunity and with the minimum opportunity for tension or conflict.
2. Formal grievance
- Workers who wish to raise a matter formally, should set out the grievance, preferably in writing, to his/her supervisor/manager. Where the grievance is against the worker’s direct supervisor and/or the worker feels unable to approach that person, the worker should address the grievance to Stefan Clinck, Parkwind's designated manager.
- If a worker does not wish to identify themselves, they may submit a written anonymous complaint.
Follow instructions below to submit your grievance:
Individuals and/or groups of people affected by the project can address grievances to:
AO1 Country Manager / Public Relations Officer (PRO)
Parkwind Ost GmbH
61118 Bad Vilbel
VAT: DE 264658527
Or by e-mail to: email@example.com
Alternatively, grievances can be submitted using the online form found here.